Fire Department

Stilwell Fire Department

How to get a Burn Permit. 

  1. Please call the Stilwell Fire Department at 918-696-7412 and ask for a Burn Permit.
  2. Someone from the Fire Department will need to inspect what will be burned. Its important to know that 
    • No trash can be burned in the city limits.
    • No burning after dark
    • No burning on days that are windy.
    • The fire must be at least 25 feet away from any structure or vehicle. 
    • The burn pile must be no bigger than 15 feet in diameter. 
    • A responsible adult must be present at all times during the burning. 
    • You must always have a connected water hose and garden tools; for example, a hoe, a rake or a shovel.
    • Nothing can be brought from other sites to be burned.
  3. Print off a copy of the Burn Permit or visit City Hall to get a copy.
  4. The Burn Permit must be turned into City Hall before anything can be burned.
  5. Commercial Burn Permits are $25.00 and residential permits are $5.00.

To see if there is a burn ban please check the Oklahoma Forestry site map.